Early Palliative Care Intervention in Malignant Glioma - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out if it is possible to include palliative care with the clinical care plans of patients that are newly diagnosed with malignant brain tumors, and if it will be accepted by them.
Grade IV malignant glioma (brain tumor)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Are newly diagnosed with grade IV malignant glioma
- Plan to get chemoradiation
- Have a treating neuro-oncologist that agrees to the patient's participation in this study
- Can read and write English
What is Involved?
If you choose to be in this study, you will:
- Get a referral to a Palliative Care (PC) provider (A field of medicine that focuses on providing relief from symptoms and stress related to serious illnesses)
- Decide on the number of visits with your provider
- Complete several questionnaires and assessment forms at different times
- Be involved in the study for about 9 months