PVSRIPO in Melanoma - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out if PVSRIPO is safe and how it affects the injected tumor or other tumors.
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults with stage 3 or stage 4 melanoma who:
- Have been immunized against Polio virus
- Have failed other melanoma therapies
What is Involved?
If you join the study, you will:
- Get the Polio vaccine, PVSRIPO
-- Get 1, 2 or 3 injections depending on when you start in the study
- Have a physical exam and other tests
- Imaging scans (CT scans)
- Biopsy of the tumor on your skin (or just below the skin)
- Be on the study for 12 weeks to 18 weeks, followed by a period of follow-up observation for up to 2 years