Alliance A031501- Bladder Cancer - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out if the study drug MK-3475 (pembrolizumab) is better, the same, or worse than the usual approach after surgery to remove muscle-invasive bladder cancer.
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have recently had their bladder removed
- Have no active autoimmune disease
- Are not pregnant or nursing
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be randomized (put into one of two groups by chance like the flip of a coin) and get either:
-- Group 1: study drug MK-3475 (pembrolizumab) by intravenous infusion once every 3 weeks for one year
-- Group 2: no study drug but followed with clinic visits every 6 weeks for one year
- Get a CT or MRI scans every 12 weeks for 2 years and then yearly for up to 5 years