Agios Perioperative in Recurrent Glioma - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find the best dose of the study drugs Ivosidenib (AG-120) and AG-881 to give to patients with recurrent low-grade glioma that has a mutated form of a protein called IDH and has continued to grow or came back even with previous treatment.
Recurrent Low Grade Brain Cancer (Grade 2 or 3 Glioma)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Are diagnosed with Low Grade (II or III) glioma brain cancer that has continued to grow or come back even with prior treatment
- Have a positive test for IDH1 mutation
- Are able to have surgery
What is Involved?
This study is now enrolling in the Cohort 2 part of the study.
If you choose to join this study, you will be randomized (like a flip of a coin) to get either:
- Group 1: The study drug ivosidenib (AG-120) taken by mouth twice a day starting at least 28 days prior to surgery.
- Group 2: The study drug AG-881 taken by mouth once a day starting at least 28 days prior to surgery.
-- After recovery from surgery (2 to 6 weeks) you will re-start taking the same study drug you took prior to surgery.
-- How much cancer tissue remained after surgery will determine how long treatment will continue.
- You will have regular clinic visits and imagining scans (MRI) so that the doctor can carefully track your progress.