EGGSPDITEe: Obesity Reduction - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn if a high quality protein diet can help improve the health and well-being of people that have a higher risk of diabetes.
Pre-Diabetes and Obesity
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults 60+ who:
- Have pre-diabetes
- Have normal kidney function
- Are able to walk independently
- Are able to consume eggs and egg products
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or higher
--If you unsure, you can check your BMI here: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
What is Involved?
If you agree to join this study, you will:
- Participate in a 4 month virtual weight-loss intervention
- Have a few blood tests
- Complete questionnaires online
- Be randomized (like flipping a coin) to one of two groups:
---Group 1: Weight loss diet
---Group 2: Weight-loss diet using eggs and other high protein food
- Attend a weekly virtual weight-loss meeting which will be done over Zoom (a type of video chat)
For more information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-660-7507