Neuromodulatory Treatments for Pain Management in Complex TBI - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Served in a branch of the US military since October 2001
- Have experienced a head injury
- Currently experience chronic pain
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Have 3 visits at Duke, lasting 3-4 hours each, over a period of 6 months.
- Be given an iPod touch and randomized (like drawing numbers from a hat) to use 1 of 3 different study apps.
- Be asked to use the app 10 minutes at a time at least 4 times per week for 3 months.
- Receive two phone calls and two visits at your home or somewhere else convenient to support your use of the study app.
- Be asked to fill out questionnaires about your history and your health.
- Be asked to do a saliva drug test 3 times throughout the study.
- Be asked to have an EEG and ECG 3 times throughout the study.