DN41 - VX16-150-102 for Small Fiber Neuropathy Pain - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn about the safety and side effects of VX-150, a study drug, intended to treat neuropathic pain.
Small fiber neuropathy
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults age 18-80 with small fiber neuropathy who have had neuropathic pain for at least 3 months
What is Involved?
If you choose to be in the study, you will
- Have 7 outpatient visits (over a 15 week period), which will last about 2-4 hours each.
- Be asked to stop your current pain medications for 7 weeks.
- Be randomized (like flipping a coin) to receive either the
--- Study drug (VX-150) or
--- A placebo (sugar pill).
- Have a punch biopsy to confirm your diagnosis of small fiber neuropathy
- Have blood and urine samples, ECGs, and vital signs collected several visits.
- Have physical and neurological exams performed throughout the study.
- Be asked to rate your pain and sleep daily via an electronic diary and complete questionnaires regarding your health.