Alliance A021502 for Stage III Colon Cancer - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out if the study drug atezolizumab given with the usual chemotherapy is better, the same, or worse than the usual chemotherapy by itself.
Stage III Colon Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults with Stage III colon cancer who:
- Have a completely resected tumor
- Have no active autoimmune disease
- Are not pregnant or nursing
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be randomized (put into one of two groups by chance like the flip of a coin) and get either:
-- Group 1: Chemotherapy plus atezolizumab for 6 months, then atezolizumab alone for 6 months
-- Group 2: Chemotherapy for 6 months
- Get a thyroid test before you begin the study drug regimen
- Get a colonoscopy within 6 weeks of completing chemotherapy
- Be asked to complete an optional quality of life questionnaires about your physical and emotional well-being