Emperor Reduced Ejection Fraction - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn how safe and helpful emplagliflozin (the study drug) works to treat people who have chronic heart failure with reduced ejection fraction.
Chronic heart failure
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults who are:
- Diagnosed with chronic heart failure with a reduced ejection fraction
For more information about participating in this study, please contact the study team.
What is Involved?
If you choose to join the study, you will:
- Have multiple in-person clinic visits
- Have physical exams, blood and urine tests, and complete questionnaires about your health and how you are feeling
- Be randomized (like the flip of a coin) to receive either the study medication (emplagliflozin taken by the mouth) or a placebo (an inactive substance that is taken by the mouth)
- Be in the study for up to 38 months