Fox Chase BR-076: Pembrolizumab in TNBC - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adult women who :
- Have metastatic, triple negative breast cancer (spread to other parts of your body).
- Have already received up to 2 cancer therapies for their metastatic breast cancer
- Are candidates for chemotherapy with carboplatin and gemcitabine.
What is Involved?
If you join this study, you will be randomly put into a study group, like drawing numbers out of a hat.
- If you are in group 1, you will get pembrolizumab along with chemotherapy (carboplatin and gemcitabine).
- If you are in group 2, you will receive chemotherapy (carboplatin and gemcitabine) alone.
- You will have tests, exams, and procedures that are part of your standard of care and for study purposes.
- You will be asked to take the study drugs for up to 2 years. You will be followed until the study ends.