anaSTILLs Study for Still's Disease - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study learn whether Anakinra is safe and will work to treat patients across all age groups with newly diagnosed Still's disease.
Who Can Participate in the Study?
To be in this study, your child must:
- Be diagnosed with Still's Disease within 6 months of study enrollment
- Weigh 10kg (about 22 pounds) or more.
- Have stable dose of glucocorticoid for at least 1 week prior to being randomly assigned.
- Have stable dose of methrotrexate for at least 8 weeks prior to being randomly assigned.
What is Involved?
If you decide that you would like for your child to be part of this study, your child will:
- Be randomly given (like the flip of a coin) the study medicine, Anakinra, or a placebo (like sugar or salt-water) .
-- Or you (the parent) will be trained to give the study medicine or placebo.
- Be involved in 6 study visits and 2 telephone visits over 16 weeks.
- Get vitals, questionnaires, physical exam, and blood tests.