PVSRIPO for Triple Negative Breast Cancer - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn how the study drug called PVSRIPO works and to see how it affects breast cancer tumors.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adult women who:
- Have stage II-IV triple negative breast cancer who are planning to have surgery
- Have had their last dose of chemotherapy at least 3 weeks before the vaccine
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Get a polio virus vaccine booster shot
- Have a biopsy of your tumor 7-10 days after the vaccination
- Have the study drug (PVSRIPO) injected directly into your breast tumor
- Have surgery to remove your tumor about 2 weeks after the PVSRIPO injection
- Have blood tests and stool sample collected for research
- Have follow-up contacts at 2 days, one month and 6 months after PVSRIPO injection