ALXN1210 - Atypical Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome (aHUS) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn the ability of ALXN1210 to safely treat aHUS in children and adolescent patients, who have not previously used a complement inhibitor.
Atypical Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (aHUS)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Infant and Children who:
- Are ages birth to 17 years old.
- Weigh 5kg (about 11 pounds) or more.
- Have TMA, Thrombotic Microangiopathy, including thrombocytopenia, hemolysis and kidney M176 injury based on laboratory findings
What is Involved?
If you decide that you would like for your child to be part of this study, your child will:
- Get the study medicine, ALXN1210, through his/her vein.
- Provide urine, fecal (stool), blood, and bladder tissue samples.
- Get a physical exam and electrocardiogram test.
- Receive a Meningococcal vaccination if he/she has not been vaccinated within the past 3 years.
- Receive vaccinations for Hamophilus influenzae type b (Hib) and Streptococcus pneumoniae if they have not been vaccinated previously.