Selection of cell donors using KIR and HLA for Patients with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out if the risk for relapse (return of a disease or condition) is lower among patients with KIR advantageous donors who receive a stem cell transplant. The results from this study can be used to help patients who receive stem cell transplants in the future.
Patients with AML who receive a stem cell transplant
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have been diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia
- Are a candidate for stem cell transplant
- Have an unrelated donor for transplant (you may still consent to participate if you don't know the status of your donor)
What is Involved?
This is an observational study
- There are no labs or study visits
- If you choose to participate, you will be asked to sign a consent form allowing Duke to send the study sponsor information from your medical record including survival, disease status, and treatment.