Differences in the female urinary microbiome before and after menopause - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn whether the bacteria that normally live in the bladder are different before and after menopause. These bacteria are called the microbiome.
By understanding how the microbiome works, we may be able to develop new treatments for bladder conditions.
Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adult women who:
- Are 30-45 OR 55 years and older
-- Those age 30-45 may not have had a UTI within the past 6 months
- Do not have a history of long-term steroid use
- Do not have a history of breast cancer in the last 5 years
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Complete questionnaires about yourself
- Have a tube inserted into your bladder to collect your urine
- Have a swab sample of the vagina