CRT-P vs CRT-D for Cardiac Resynchronization - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults over age 75 who are referred for a Cardiovascular Resynchronization Device who:
- Have not had a heart attack within the last 40 days
- Are within 3 months of previous cardiac revascularization (bypass surgery or percutaneous intervention (for instance, angioplasty))
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be asked to complete questionnaires and surveys, which may take up to 40 minutes.
- Be randomized (like the flip of a coin) to receive a cardiac resynchronization therapy pacemaker (CRT-P) or defibrillator (CRT-D) device.
- Receive a phone call from the study team about 30 days after the procedure ask about how you have been doing since the procedure and whether you had any complications.
- Receive follow-up phone calls 3 and 6 months after the procedure, and every 6 months until the end of the study
-- The 6-month contact might be a phone call or a clinic visit