TEACH: Kidney Transplant - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults needing a kidney transplant that have not:
- Had Immunosuppressive drug therapy in the past year
- Had congestive heart failure
- Had pulmonary edema
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study as a donor you will:
- Have a physical exam
- Have blood Draws
- Give a fecal sample
- Have bone marrow taken out of the back of your pelvic bone with a needle after your kidney is taken out
- Complete a follow-up visit 1-3 weeks after the surgery
If you choose to join this study as a recipient you will:
- Have a kidney biopsy done
- Have blood draws
- Have surgery to get the donor kidney
- Complete follow-up visits every 2 weeks after surgery
- Starting week 6 receive Mesenchymal Stromal Cell (MSC) infusions and continue every 4 weeks for a year