RETHINC for Smokers - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to see if patients' quality of life improves after 12 weeks of taking the study drug.
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have smoked or currently smoking
- Are aged 40-80 years old
- Have smoked at least 1 pack per day for 10 years or more
- Have breathing problems that affect your daily life
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be randomized (like flipping a coin) to 1 of 2 groups for 12 weeks:
-- Group 1: The study drug (a set of inhalers) twice a day
-- Group 2: The placebo (inactive inhaler) twice a day
- Have 2 visits
- Have breathing tests
- Answer questionnaires
- Be asked to give blood, if you are taking certain types of diuretics