ECOG-ACRIN EA8143- Kidney Cancer - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults with kidney cancer who:
- Have no prior therapy for the kidney cancer
- Have no autoimmune or liver disease
- Are not pregnant or nursing
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be randomized (like a flip of a coin) get either:
-- Group 1: The study drug nivolumab by an IV through your vein before and after surgery once a month for a total of 10 doses
-- Group 2: Surgery followed by observation
- Have CT or MRI scans to monitor your status for up to 6 years
- Have clinic visits every 6 months for 2-3 years and then yearly for 4-5 years