Patina: Targeted Therapy + Palbociclib for Metastatic Breast Cancer - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Adult women and men with metastatic (spread to other places on the body), HER2 positive, hormone receptor positive breast cancer.
- Adults must have a disease-free period for at least 6 months after completing anti-HER2 cancer therapy before getting the metastatic breast cancer diagnosis.
What is Involved?
If you agree to be in the study you will:
- Be randomized (put into one of two groups by chance like a flip of a coin)to get either:
--- Group 1: palbociclib (study drug), your current anti-HER2 cancer therapy (such as trastuzumab or pertuzumab) and endocrine therapy (such as letrozole or fulvestrant).
--- Group 2: Only get current anti-HER2 cancer therapy (such as trastuzumab or pertuzumab) and endocrine therapy (such as letrozole or fulvestrant).
- Have tests, exams, and procedures that are part of your standard care and for study purposes.
- Continue to receive the study drug as long as there are no bad side effects and the cancer does not become worse.
- Be in the study for 5 years after starting the study drug.