Lifespan Emotion Regulation in MDD - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults age 35-75 who:
- Have been feeling depressed or down most of the day, nearly every day for the past two weeks or more OR Do not have a current or lifetime history of mental illness (i.e. depression or anxiety)
- Can safely have an MRI scan (for example, no known neurological conditions, no metal in the body, not pregnant, not claustrophobic)
- Do not have a history of moderate or severe substance abuse
- do not currently take psychiatric medication OR currently taking psychiatric medications at the same dose for the past 4 weeks with no intent of changing medication and/or dose
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will
- Have 3 in-person study visits and 2 sets of follow-up surveys and questionnaires, including:
-- An assessment visit for an in-depth mental and physical health interview that will take 1-4 hours
-- A second visit that will include completing 2 computer tasks and writing down memories from your past (this will take about 2 hours)
-- A third visit for an MRI scan during which you will be asked to complete certain tasks (this visit will take about 2 hours)
-- At 6 months and 12 months after the MRI, you will be asked to complete surveys and questionnaires -- this can be done over the phone, online or through regular mail