POPS_CAN_DO: Cesarean Section with Azithromycin and Ertapenem - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Are pregnant
- Are ages 14 or older.
- Are Pregnant with only 1 baby.
- Will be delivering at Duke University Hospital.
- Have a delivery occurring at 28 weeks (7 months) of gestation or greater
- Are having an unplanned c-section where the doctor plans to give Azithromycin and/or Ertapenem.
What is Involved?
If you decide that you would like to be part of this study, you will:
- Be asked to have a few blood samples taken either during and/or after your c-section.
- Have Cord blood and 2 fat tissue samples collected during your c-section.
-Be asked to provide a small sample of your breast milk, if you are nursing.