Antibiotics during C-Sections (DMID 16-0076 POPS_CAN_DO) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn if the standard amount of Azithromycin and Ertapenem are the right amounts for all pregnant women having unplanned c-sections.
Cesarean Section with Azithromycin and Ertapenem
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Are pregnant
- Are ages 14 or older.
- Are Pregnant with only 1 baby.
- Will be delivering at Duke University Hospital.
- Have a delivery occurring at 28 weeks (7 months) of gestation or greater
- Are having an unplanned c-section where the doctor plans to give Azithromycin and/or Ertapenem.
What is Involved?
If you decide that you would like to be part of this study, you will:
- Be asked to have a few blood samples taken either during and/or after your c-section.
- Have Cord blood and 2 fat tissue samples collected during your c-section.
-Be asked to provide a small sample of your breast milk, if you are nursing.