AURORA: Phase 3 Cenicriviroc Study in Adults with NASH - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults age 18-75 years of age who:
- Have of NASH, as shown by a liver biopsy
- Are willing and available to come to study visits at Duke over the next several years
What is Involved?
The study will be done in two parts: Part 1 will last for 12 months and Part 2 will last for up to 96 months (8 years).
If you agree to join the study, you will:
- Have a screening visit to see if you are eligible to join the study
- Be randomly assigned (like drawing numbers from a hat) to either one of two groups
-- One group will get a study drug called CVC (you will have a 2 out of 3 chance of being in this group)
-- One group will get a placebo (a sugar pill) (you will have a 1 out of 3 chance of being in this group)
(Neither you nor your study doctor or the study team will know which group you are in or what you are getting)
- Have study visits about every 3 months
- You may have up to 3 liver biopsies during the study