Prebiotic Fiber Enteral Feeding Effect on the Microbiome - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Adults 18-80 years old
- Are expected to be in the Intensive Care Unit for 3 or more days
- Expected to require enteral nutrition
- Have not been in the hospital in the past month
- Do not have a stomach or bowel problem
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study you will:
- Be randomized (like flipping a coin) to get the study nutrition (Vital AF) or the regular enteral nutrition (Osmolite)
- Give stool samples
- Do tongue swabs