ATS20 Study of "Lazy Eye" Therapies - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn if playing a special iPAD "game" that makes both eyes work together (binocular) works as well as wearing glasses and using standard treatments for amblyopia
Amblyopia (also known as "lazy eye")
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Are at least 4 years old and less than 7 years old.
- Have amblyopia in one eye.
- Have not had any treatment for amblyopia other than glasses in the past 2 weeks.
- Can play the special game on the iPad.
What is Involved?
If you decide for your child to be part of this study, your child will:
- Be randomized (like flipping a coin) into one of two groups
-- One group of children will be given an iPad study tool
-- One group of children will continue wearing glasses.
- Be involved for about 16 weeks.