GENIE Study for Overactive Bladder with Insulin Resistance - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study is to find out why women with insulin resistance are more likely to get overactive bladder.
Overactive Bladder with Insulin Resistance
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Women age 18-89 who have at least one of the following:
- Overactive bladder or Urge Urinary Incontinence
- Insulin resistance (including diabetes and pre-diabetes)
- Type 2 Diabetes well controlled
- Both overactive bladder and insulin resistance
- Are healthy without overactive bladder and without insulin resistance
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Have medical and demographic information collected about you
- Have a visit to confirm if it is safe for you to join the study
-- At this visit you will complete questionnaires and take home a kit to collect urine at home on the morning of the next visit
- Have a morning visit while you are FASTING (no food for 6 hours)
-- You will bring the kit that you took home with you to this visit
- Have another visit to give another urine sample and a blood sample