GENIE study (Overactive Bladder) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Women age 18-89 who have at least one of the following:
- Overactive bladder or Urge Urinary Incontinence
- Insulin resistance (including diabetes and pre-diabetes)
- Type 2 Diabetes well controlled
- Both overactive bladder and insulin resistance
- Are healthy without overactive bladder and without insulin resistance
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Have medical and demographic information collected about you
- Have a visit to confirm if it is safe for you to join the study
-- At this visit you will complete questionnaires and take home a kit to collect urine at home on the morning of the next visit
- Have a morning visit while you are FASTING (no food for 6 hours)
-- You will bring the kit that you took home with you to this visit
- Have another visit to give another urine sample and a blood sample