GenARA: A study for Children with Asthma and Acid-Reflux - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Are aged 6- 17 years old
- Are diagnosed with poorly controlled asthma
- Have GERD symptoms
- Are taking inhaled corticosteroid greater than twice a week
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, your child will:
- Be put into one of the 2 groups (like the flip of a coin), you would either get:
-- The study drug, liquid Lansoprazole by mouth
-- the placebo (inactive drug)
- Have two blood draws
- Have nasal samples
- Complete a daily diary card
- Have spirometry testing
- Complete questionnaires in clinic and the phone
- Have 5 clinic visits and 3 telephone calls
- Be involved in this study for 26 weeks