GenARA- Poorly Controlled Asthma in Children with GERD - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out if the daily dosing of the study drug, Lansoprazole, improves with asthma symptoms based on your child's genotype (metabolism).
Poorly controlled Asthma in Children with GERD
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Are aged 6- 17 years old
- Are diagnosed with poorly controlled asthma
- Have GERD symptoms
- Are taking inhaled corticosteroid greater than twice a week
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, your child will:
- Be put into one of the 2 groups (like the flip of a coin), you would either get:
-- The study drug, liquid Lansoprazole by mouth
-- the placebo (inactive drug)
- Have two blood draws
- Have nasal samples
- Complete a daily diary card
- Have spirometry testing
- Complete questionnaires in clinic and the phone
- Have 5 clinic visits and 3 telephone calls
- Be involved in this study for 26 weeks