Alliance A011502 (Breast Cancer) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults greater than 18 years of age but less than 70 years of age with HER2 negative breast cancer who do not have:
- A history of gastric or duodenal ulcers
- Gastrointestinal bleeding that required a blood transfusion or surgery
- A history of stroke
- To take blood thinners such as warfarin, heparin, clopidogrel or others
- A history of atrial fibrillation or heart attack
- Allergy to aspirin
- A history of metastatic breast cancer
- Uncontrolled hypertension
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be assigned to one of two study groups (like the flip of a coin):
-- One group will get aspirin and the other group will get a placebo (a pill that looks like the study drug but contains no medicine)
- Take the study drug (aspirin or placebo) every day for not more than 5 years
- See your study doctor every 6 months to talk about any side effects you may be having while taking the study drug
- Be given a medication log to record the date, time, and number of pills taken each day and list any side effects you may be having