Alliance A021501 (Pancreatic Cancer) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to compare any good and bad effects of using chemotherapy compared to chemotherapy with radiation before surgery. This study will show us which approach is better, the same, or worse than the other.
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults with pancreatic cancer who:
- Have not had chemotherapy or radiation therapy for pancreatic cancer
- Are not pregnant or nursing
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Get 8 cycles (1 cycle is equal to 14 days) of chemotherapy before surgery
- Have a scan to see if removing your cancer is appropriate
- Get 4 more cycles of chemotherapy if you have surgery. The cycles will be after your surgery
- Answer questionnaires to see how you are feeling physically and emotionally during your cancer treatment
- Be followed with clinic visits, scans and blood tests for about 5 years from the day you started the surgery after the chemotherapy and surgery are done