Airway remodeling in obesity - AROA + Ancillary studies - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Have between 3-6 visits lasting 2-3 hours each
- Have breathing tests, allergy testing, and a bronchoscopy done
- Give blood and urine samples
- Be involved in the study for one year if you are having weight loss surgery or around 1 month if you are not having weight loss surgery
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have asthma or do not have asthma
- Are at a healthy weight or are undergoing weight loss surgery
- Do not smoke
For more information about who can join this study, please contact the study team at DukeAirwayResearch@duke.edu or (919) 479-0861.
What is Involved?
We are doing this study to learn more about the effect of weight loss on airway scarring in people who have asthma versus people who do not have asthma.