Airway remodeling in obesity - AROA - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn more about the effect of weight loss on airway scarring in people who have asthma versus people who do not have asthma.
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have asthma or do not have asthma;
- Are at a healthy weight
- Are overweight and/or are undergoing weight loss surgery
- Do not smoke
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Have between 3-6 visits lasting 2-3 hours each
- Have breathing tests, allergy testing, and a bronchoscopy done
- Give blood and urine samples
- Be involved in the study for one year if you are having weight loss surgery or around 1 month if you are not having weight loss surgery