PVSRIPO With/Without Lomustine for Glioma (Brain Cancer) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to look at if PVSRIPO is safe and will work for patients diagnosed with Grade 4 glioma that has recurred or progressed.
Brain Cancer (WHO [World Health Organization] Grade 4 Glioma)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have been diagnosed with WHO Grade 4 glioma that progressed or recurred for the first or second time
- Have a tumor that meets size and location in brain requirements
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
What is Involved?
If you choose to be in this study, you will:
- Get a polio immunization booster shot
- Have a blood test to make sure your body is protected against polio, both before and after the booster shot
- Be admitted to the hospital for a surgical biopsy of the tumor.
-- If the biopsy is positive for Grade 4 glioma, a catheter will be placed in the location of the biopsy.
- Get an infusion of PVSRIPO, which is a form of the live polio virus vaccine that has been changed by removing a piece of the virus and replacing it with a piece from a common cold virus.
-- The infusion is given through the catheter and takes about 6 and a half hours. The catheter is then removed.
- Be observed for at least a night in the hospital
- Are followed in the clinic by the study team for at least 1 year