BMX-HN-001 for Locally Advanced Head and Neck Cancer - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to understand how the study drug BMX-001 works to improve the side effects of treatment including sore mouth/throat, skin changes, swallowing difficulties and dry mouth.
Head and Neck Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Are diagnosed with head and neck cancer for whom cisplatin and radiation would be considered appropriate care
- Have a radiation treatment plan that has a daily radiation treatment
- Have a negative pregnancy test
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Have screening tests and procedures such as blood tests, physical exam and imaging
- Get the study drug, BMX-001, as a shot under your skin along with radiation therapy and the chemotherapy drug, cisplatin
- Get the first shot of BMX-001 a couple of days before radiation therapy (RT) starts, and BMX-001 is given for eight weeks
- Be involved in this study for about 1 year