Phase II Rolapitant-Varubi (Newly diagnosed Glioma) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to look at how well Rolapitant and Ondansetron works to help control nausea and vomiting in malignant glioma patients receving radiation therapy and chemotherapy (temozolomide).
Newly diagnosed with Malignant Glioma Brain Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Are diagnosed with malignant glioma (brain cancer)
- Are scheduled to get radiation therapy in combination with chemotherapy (temozolomide)
- Are not currently taking a medication to help prevent nausea and vomiting
What is Involved?
If you join this study, you will:
- Be randomized (put into one of two groups by chance like a flip of a coin) to get:
-- Group A: Ondansetron daily for 6 weeks with 1 dose of Rolapitant on day 22
-- Group B: Ondansetron daily for 6 weeks with 1 dose of Rolapitant on day 1
- Be asked to complete questionnaires, keep a medication log and track any nausea and vomiting that you may have while you are on the study
- Be in this study for the 6 weeks of radiation and will have one follow-up contact 2 weeks after you finish the study