OVATION for Pulmonary Hypertension - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn about the effectiveness of a study drug called iloprost as a vasodilator (a drug that opens up (dilates) blood vessels) during echocardiograms when compared to inhaled nitric oxide (the standard treatment).
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults who are:
- Recently diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension
- Scheduled to have their first invasive hemodynamic assessment (cardiac catheterization) for pulmonary hypertension
Please contact the study team for more information about participating in the study.
What is Involved?
As part of your routine medical care, you will
- Have an echocardiogram (an ultrasound of the heart) and be referred for vasodilator responsiveness invasive testing
- Be scheduled for a heart catheterization
If you choose to join the study, you will
- Have an echocardiogram with an inhaled study drug called iloprost within the 24 hours before your heart catheterization
- Be followed by the Pulmonary Department every 3 months according to standard of care
- Have a variety of tests including 6 minute walk test, echocardiogram and blood work
Data from your clinical visits at 3 and 12 month will be used in this study.