Reata CTD with PAH - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn how safe a medicine called bardoxolone methyl is and how well it works in people with CTD-PAH. We will also look at how bardoxolone methyl will affect your ability to exercise and how well your symptoms improve.
Connective Tissue Disease-Associated Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (CTD-PAH)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults between 18 and 75 years of age who:
- Have not started an exercise program for cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation with 90 days before starting the study
- Don't have uncontrolled high blood pressure, history of Type 2 diabetes, chronic liver disease or atrial fibrillation
What is Involved?
If you agree to join the study, you will:
- Be randomly assigned (like flip of a coin) to either placebo (a sugar pill) or a medicine called bardoxolone methyl
- Have a screening visit during which you will answer questions about your medical history, have study procedures including lab tests.
- Have a total of 9 study visits and you will be contacted by telephone several times throughout the study