ECOG-ACRIN EA5142- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancers - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out if adding the study drug Nivolumab will limit lung cancer from growing back in patients with early stage non-small cell lung cancer.
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults with non-small cell lung cancer who:
- Completed surgical resection of non-small cell lung cancer
- Are not pregnant or nursing
- Do not have an autoimmune disease
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be randomized (Like the flip of a coin) to get either:
-- Group 1: The study drug Nivolumab through an IV in your vein once every 4 weeks for up to 1 year
-- Group 2: Observation with the standard postoperative follow-up
- Have follow-up visits every 3 months for the first two years, every 6 months for the net two years, and then once a year for up to ten years from when you began the study
- Have CT scans of the chest every 6 months until you are 4 years from when you started the study and then every 12 months for up to 10 years from the time you started the study