Sleep Adolescent ADHD - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to better understand sleep and circadian rhythm (sleep/wake cycle) problems and how they relate to brain health and function (cognitive performance) in teenagers with and without Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Sleep Problems in Teenagers with and without Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Healthy adolescents who:
- Are 13-17 years old
Adolescents diagnosed with ADHD or have ADHD symptoms who:
- Are 13-17 years of age.
- Are not currently taking psychiatric medication, except those for ADHD.
What is Involved?
If you decide you would like your child to be part of this study, your child will:
- Be part of 3 study phases: Screening, Washout/PSG Study, and Neurocognitive Assessment
- We will assess your child's psychiatric health
- Your child will be administered a urine drug screen
- You and your child will be asked complete questionnaires about ADHD, mindfulness, and puberty
- Eligible participants will wear an actigraph 24-hours/day for the duration of the study.
- Your child will complete 3 nights of ambulatory (in-home) PSG recording to be scheduled within 4 weeks of the screening visit.
- Following the final night of the PSG study, you and your child will be asked to return to the office of the study team for a three-hour assessment of his/her brain health and function (thinking, attention, memory, reaction times, etc.).