Sleep Adolescent ADHD - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Healthy adolescents who:
- Are 13-17 years old
Adolescents diagnosed with ADHD or have ADHD symptoms who:
- Are 13-17 years of age.
- Are not currently taking psychiatric medication, except those for ADHD.
What is Involved?
If you decide you would like your child to be part of this study, your child will:
- Be part of 3 study phases: Screening, Washout/PSG Study, and Neurocognitive Assessment
- We will assess your child's psychiatric health
- Your child will be administered a urine drug screen
- You and your child will be asked complete questionnaires about ADHD, mindfulness, and puberty
- Eligible participants will wear an actigraph 24-hours/day for the duration of the study.
- Your child will complete 3 nights of ambulatory (in-home) PSG recording to be scheduled within 4 weeks of the screening visit.
- Following the final night of the PSG study, you and your child will be asked to return to the office of the study team for a three-hour assessment of his/her brain health and function (thinking, attention, memory, reaction times, etc.).