Dalbavancin for Babies with Infections - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to find out if a single dose of an antibiotic called dalbavancin is safe and effective to treat infections in children.
Antibiotic-Resistant Bacterial infections in babies
Who Can Participate in the Study?
To be in this study, your child must:
- Be a preterm baby (32-37 weeks gestation)
- Be term baby (more than 37 weeks gestation) to 28 days old
- Be a young infant (age 28 days to 3 months old)
- Be getting an antibiotic for a bacterial infection for at least 24 hours.
What is Involved?
If you decide that you would like for your child to be in this study, your child:
- Will be part of this study for about 28 to 35 days.
- Will receive a study medicine called Dalbavancin.
- Have a physical exam, vital signs, and hearing test.
- Will give blood samples