Improving Well-Being for Breast Cancer Patients - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adult women who have:
- Been diagnosed with stage I to III breast cancer
- Completed other cancer treatments (such as surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation)
- Started taking breast cancer medication in the past 12 months
If you need help understanding if you can participate in this study, please contact the study team.
What is Involved?
If you choose to join the study, you will:
- Come in for 5 visits that last 1-2 hours each.
-- During these visits, you will be asked to fill out questionnaires about your health and how you are feeling. The last visit will take place 18 months after the first visit.
- Be randomized (like the flip of a coin) to receive one of two programs:
-- One program focuses on skills that can be used to cope with the side effects of the breast cancer medication you are taking. -- The other program focuses on improving overall health and well-being.
- Both programs involve 10 phone sessions with a study nurse, which are completed over 6 months.
- Be asked to use a special pill bottle for 18 months that will help the study team track how often you are taking your breast cancer medication.