Phase III - Rivipansel Extension for Sickle Cell Disease - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn if the medicine Rivipansel is safe and if it will help people who have sickle cell disease and are in the hospital during a pain crisis.
Sickle Cell Disease with Vaso-Occlusive Crisis (Pain Crisis)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Male and female over 6 years of age
- Must have previously completed a specific study for sickle cell disease (check with study team for more information)
What is Involved?
If you join the study, you will:
- Be a part of the study for 18 months
- Be contacted monthly by the study team
- Possibly be given the medication Rivipansel intravenously (through a vein) while you are in the hospital
- Be contacted by telephone 7 days and 21 days after you have left the hospital