AHOD1331 Randomized Phase III Study for Newly Diagnosed Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to compare the effects (good and/or bad) of standard treatment and when brentuximab vedotin is added to standard treatment in newly diagnosed high-risk Hodgkin lymphoma patients to find out which one is better.
Newly Diagnosed High-Risk Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma (cHL) in Children and Young Adults
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Children or young adults who:
- Are age 2-22
- Are newly diagnosed Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Have no previous chemo or radiation therapy
What is Involved?
If you choose to be in the study, you will:
- Be randomized (like the flip of a coin) to get either:
1. Standard Treatment: Get 5 cycles (21 days each) of Doxorubicin (A), bleomycin (B), vincristine (V), etoposide (E), prednisone (P) and cyclophosphamide (C)
2. Experimental Treatment: Get 5 cycles (21 days each) of treatment with the following drugs: Brentuximab vedotin (Bv), doxorubicin (A), vincristine (V), etoposide (E), prednisone (P) and cyclophosphamide (C).
- Get an evaluation by PET or CT scans to see how the disease is responding to treatment.
- Get Response Adapted Targeted Radiation if needed.
- Have your parent fill out questionnaires regarding financial costs at each time point