SBRT In Early Stage Breast Cancer - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults aged 50 years or older who:
- Are diagnosed with early stage breast cancer
- Have a tumor that measures less than or equal to 2cm
- Have a negative pregnancy test
What is Involved?
If you join this study, you will:
- Have a MRI scan and CT scan to find the tumor and create a plan for your radiation treatment
- A single radiation dose of 21 Gy (Gray) will be given to your breast cancer.
- Surgery will be done to remove your tumor, within 10 days of completing radiation.
- We will obtain tumor tissue from your surgery to understand how breast cancer responds to radiation.
- Digital photographs and quality of life questionnaires will be obtained prior to the single radiation dose and at 6 months, 1 year, 2 years and 3 years after treatment.
-- The photographs will be used to see how your breasts look before and after surgery and radiation treatment.