BMX-001 in Newly DX HGG Patients - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have been diagnosed with Grade III or Grade IV Glioma brain cancer
- Are within 12 weeks of the surgery for their brain cancer
- Have not had radiation for any brain cancer
What is Involved?
This study is now in the phase II portion of the study.
If you join the study, you will:
- Be randomized (Like a flip of a coin) to get either:
-- Arm A: The study drug BMX-001 injected under the skin with standard of care treatment (six weeks of daily radiation therapy and oral chemotherapy [temozolomide])
---The first dose of BMX-001 is given a couple of days before radiation therapy starts, and then you will get 2 injections a week for 8 weeks.
-- Arm B: Standard of care treatment (six weeks of daily radiation therapy and oral chemotherapy [temozolomide])
- Give information on your quality of life, side effects of the treatment, survival and neurocognitive (your ability to think) effects before and after temozolomide and radiation therapy is given