NSABP B-55/BIG 6-13 for BRCA1/2 Mutations and High Risk HER2 Negative Breast Cancer - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults 18 years or older, who:
- Have undergone surgery and received adjuvant chemoterapy
- Have undergone neoadjuvant chemotherapy followed by surgery
- Have histologically confirmed non-metastatic primary invasive adenocarcinoma of the breast
- Have BRCA mutation
What is Involved?
If you agree to be in the study, you will:
- Be tested for a BRCA mutation - requires a sample of tissue from your previous biopsy/surgery
- Be randomized (put into one of two groups by chance like the flip of a coin) to receive study drug or placebo
-- Take your assigned treatment (olaparib or placebo) for about 12 months
- Have a blood test before, during, and after your treatment period
- Have an electrocardiogram (ECG)