SWOG S1207 (Invasive Breast Cancer) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to see if giving the study drug Everolimus with hormone therapy is better than hormone therapy by itself.
Invasive Breast Cancer
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults with invasive breast carcinoma who:
- Have completed breast conserving surgery or total mastectomy
- Have completed chemotherapy
- Are not pregnant or nursing
What is Involved?
If choose to join this study, you will:
- Be randomized (like the flip of a coin) to get either:
-- Group 1: Standard hormone treatment plus a placebo (a pill with no medicine) for up to 1 year
-- Group 2: Standard hormone treatment plus the study drug Everolimus for up to 1 year
- Be followed up with clinic visits every 6 months for 2 years and then yearly for up to 10 years