GMI-1070 Phase III - Rivipansel for Sickle Cell Disease Pain Crisis - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn if the medicine Rivipansel is safe and if it will help people who have sickle cell disease during a pain crisis
Sickle Cell Disease with Vaso-Occlusive Crisis (Pain Crisis)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Adults and children over 6 years of age
- Active pain crisis requiring you to go to the hospital
What is Involved?
If you agree to take part in this study, you will:
- Be in the study for 44 days
- Be randomized (like the flip of a coin) to receive either a medicine called Rivipansel or placebo (sugar pill)
- Be given a handheld device (smartphone or tablet) to enter information throughout the entire study
- Be contacted by telephone 7 and 21 days after you leave the hospital
- Have a visit 35 days after you leave the hospital