SJMB12 (Medulloblastoma, Brain Tumor) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to lower radiation and chemotherapy doses to participants who have tumors that do not seem to need such high doses to cure them.
We also want to find out if adding new chemotherapy drugs to the standard chemotherapy will improve patient survival.
Brain Tumor (medulloblastoma)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Patients that are newly diagnosed with medulloblastoma who:
- Have not received prior treatment with radiation therapy or chemotherapy
- Can start treatment within 36 days of surgery to remove the tumor
- Are at least 3 years old and younger that 22 years old (Strata W, S or N)
- Are at least 22 years old and younger than 40 years old AND has SHH medulloblastoma (Stratum S)
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will be involved in three parts to this study:
- Screening: Tests and procedures will be done to find out if this study is a good option for patients.
- Treatment: The amount of radiation therapy and type of chemotherapy patients get will depend on the tumor type (molecular risk) and clinical risk.
- Follow-up: After treatment ends, patients will undergo a series of tests to find out how well treatment worked to kill the cancer.