Nicord- Sickle Cell - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to learn more about the safety and side effects of NiCord, stem cells that are made from umbilical cord blood (UCB).
Sickle Cell Disease and Thalassemia
Who Can Participate in the Study?
To be in this study, you must:
- Be age 2-45 years old
- Without a matched family member (brother or sister) or unrelated person who can be a donor of stem cells.
- Weigh at least 22 pounds.
- Have a matched unrelated cord blood unit from a UCB bank
- Be healthy enough for transplant.
What is Involved?
If you decide to join this study, you will:
- Have an unrelated cord blood transplant
- Stay in the hospital during a large part of the study
- Be followed for 1 year after transplant