Effects of Exercise on Cartilage Strain - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Get an MRI of your knee
- Perform a walking or hopping task
- Get another MRI of your knee
- Complete the same imaging and exercise procedure with the other leg
- Complete several questionnaires
- Provide a blood sample
Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) deficiency
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have acute isolated ACL rupture
- Are healthy volunteers with a normal BMI and no history of any ACL rupture or other knee injury
What is Involved?
We are doing this study to better understand how and why osteoarthritis develops after ACL injury.