GOG 0264: Ovarian Cancer - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have a new diagnosis of advanced stage stromal ovarian cancer
- Have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer within the past 8 weeks and have not had chemotherapy
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
What is Involved?
If you agree to be in the study, you will:
- Be randomized (put into one of two groups by chance like the flip of a coin) to receive investigational or standard chemotherapy
- Be given either paclitaxel + carboplatin (the investigational therapy) through an IV for up to 4 hours every 21 days for 18 weeks (6 cycles)
- One dose of bleomycin every 3 weeks + etoposide and cisplatin each daily for 5 days every 3 weeks through an IV for a total of 12 weeks (4 cycles) (the standard therapy)
- Have a blood test before and during your treatment period
- Have a chest x-ray and breathing test to look at your lung function
- Be followed for 3-6 months for the first 5 years, then every year after you've completed treatment